2018-2019 Science Olympiad Registration
Division A (grades K-6), Divisions B (grades 6-9), Division C (grades 9-12)
Thank you for your interest in the 2018-2019 Science Olympiad season. In order to compete, the following requirements must be met:
- Register Online (see below for details)
- Pay required membership fees (see below for fee schedule)
- Complete Required Registration Documents
- Minor Photo and Video Release & General Release of All Claims
- Vandalism & Behavior form signed by principal, coach and all team members
- Field Trip Permission Slips - please check with your school to see if they're required. NCSO does not collect these, but your school may require them.
Each team has a maximum of 18 students in NC. This is more than the National organization allows and if you make it to the National tournament, you will have to decrease your team size to 15. There is no minimum number of students per team. The first team from each school is designated at the Varsity team, after that, JV teams can be registered. Some regionals will place limits on the number of JV teams allowed per school in order to accommodate as many schools as possible in their region. For a full description of the team composition policy, visit our webpage here.
Online registration is required. Please complete the Online Registration as soon as possible. We will use your registered contact information for communication purposes and to confirm your intention to participate in the 2018-2019 Science Olympiad season. Team member registration is not required during this process, only school and Head Coach or designated Co-Head Coach profiles are required. Once registered, Head Coaches or designated Co-Head Coaches may add additional team members to assist with team management.
Membership Fee Schedule:
Teams are not officially registered until membership fees are received and processed.
($300/team covers all State & National fees. There are no additional fees for attending the State tournament. )
Division A rules manuals are available for free download beginning Aug 1 on the Event Resource Page.
Div B & C manuals are available for free download on the National Science Olympiad store page starting Sept 6.
Payment Methods – PayPal or Checks
Make sure to complete School/Head Coach or designated Co-Head Coach Registration prior to adding teams.
To pay online:
- Click on the Pay membership fees button below. You will be prompted to log in. Note: If you haven't registered your school or associated with one, the system will redirect you to the School Listing so you can review the list and register your school if necessary.
- Select PayPal for immediate processing. Note, PayPal charges a small fee.
To pay by check:
Make check payable to Science Olympiad, note school name on memo line if school name is not written on the check and mail to:Attention: Sharon Scott
NC Science Olympiad
NCSU Box 8211
Raleigh, NC 27695
Some schools require an invoice for payment processing. Please print a copy of your registration to serve as an invoice.