Tournament Appeal Process
Problems, questions or concerns at the competition:
- Competitor (only) asks the Event Supervisor in an orderly and well-mannered way.
- If concern is not resolved, competitor consults with head coach to initiate an appeal process.
- Appeal must be filed through the Head Coach dashboard on scilympiad.com/ok/ within the testing block in which the competitor is available to consult with head coach, but no later than 30 minutes after the conclusion of the competition (end of the day).
- To ensure consistency and to avoid disruptions, head coaches are not to approach Event Supervisors for clarifications or reconsiderations. For minor issues, report to Tournament Headquarters.
- For a student, coach, teacher, chaperone or parent interfering with or disrupting the conduct of an event, ten(10) penalty points may be assessed.
- The Head Coach will be notified of the appeal ruling, depending on circumstances, through the Head Coach portal on statescioly.org/ok
- The Appeal Committee will do its best to adjudicate as fairly as possible. The decision of the committee is final.
Only the Head Coach can file an appeal. The form is located under Head Coach Dashboard.