2019 Santa Clara Regional Science Olympiad Team/School Registration Information
Tournament Date: Saturday, March 16 (Tentative), 2019
Location: San Jose City College
Team Registration information
Complete the “Basic Profile” and select “Head Coach” for your “Role”. Do NOT register a co-coach. Your “School Name” will also be your “Team Name”.
More Than One Team (up to three teams per school site):
Please email the Tournament Director at email@example.com for instructions BEFORE registering more than one team.
Participation Registration due no later than January 30, 2019 (Note: must be registered and paid to sign up for ESUS events.)
Participation REQUIRES the school Principal’s approval of the team’s head coach and the team’s participation by making a determination that it is a school-supported/school-affiliated event. The Principal’s name and email address is required. A copy of your registration will be emailed to the Principal for verification.
Team Registration Fees
- $350 plus supervising one event BEFORE December 1 (Must check "Will Provide Volunteers" box in school profile)
- $450 plus supervising one event AFTER December 1 (Must check "Will Provide Volunteers" box in school profile)
- $550 with no volunteers BEFORE December 1
- $650 with no volunteers AFTER December 1
- Schools participating in Science Olympiad for the first time: $350 with no volunteers first year.
- Head coach is responsible for securing and supporting the event supervisors they have recruited
- Supervising an event includes writing, proctoring, and scoring the exams and testing devices where required.
- In addition to providing an event supervisor, enough assistants must also be provided to smoothly run the event.
- Official Science Olympiad rules must be followed.
- Event Supervisors must attend online training.
- Event is chosen on a first come first served basis. After registration payment is received, a list is emailed with events that are available.
- Some events have tests that may be purchased through the regional director. Cost is $50, if available.
The registration fee may be paid by PayPal or check. Please make checks payable to Bay Area Science League. Check can be sent by US mail.
US Mail to:
C/O Barbara Little
PO Box 384866
Waikoloa, HI 96738
If you have questions, please contact Barbara Little, Regional Director by email at firstname.lastname@example.org