Your Regional Science Olympiad Registration
Divisions B (grades 6-9) & C (grades 9-12)
Thank you for your interest in the 2020 Akron Regional Science Olympiad season. In order to compete at Your Regional Tournament, the following requirements must be met:
- (State Registration closed 12/11/2019) Register and pay at Ohio State https://ohso.osu.edu/ They will assign you to a region, and send your information to the regional tournament organizers.
- Register Online (see below for details). If you coach both B and C division teams, you will need two email addresses.
- Pay required registration fees - $$$$ per team (see below for fee schedule) DO NOT PAY - U Akron does not currently charge for our regional.
- Provide Certificate of Liability Insurance (Uploading Certificate of Liability Insurance to Regional SO portal will be activated on...)
- Complete Required Registration Documents (available here: Coach Info and Forms ) print, fill out and bring to registration on tournament day.)
- Team Roster
- Team/Coach & other participants (Parents) Code of Ethics
- Adult/Minor Photo and Video Release
Akron Regional is space limited to 24 teams per division. 2nd teams are wait-listed and admitted after Ohio State registration closes, based upon Ohio State level registration date, according to space available.
Please register for Akron Regional after completing registration at the state level. https://ohso.osu.edu/
Online registration is required, especially due to the available online functions such as submission of team names, self-scheduled event signups, selecting team headquarters, and online scoring. Once registered, Head Coaches or designated Co-Head Coaches may add additional team members to assist with team management. High school students may register as Head Coaches and/or Co-Head Coaches, with permission from their adult sponsor/school.
Registration Fees: $0 per team - But you need to register at the state level and pay there.
Teams are not officially registered until registration fees are received and processed at the state level.
For the 2019-2020 academic year, the registration fees are assessed at State level per team (not per school).
Previous year coaches can use last year's login info, and go directly to ADD/UPDATE YOUR TEAMS. (Next paragraph)
New coaches - Click LOGIN, then pick "NEW MEMBER". (You may need to log in again after registering.) Click "REGISTER YOUR SCHOOL".
A pop up will then ask you to "ADD/UPDATE YOUR TEAM(S)".
- Please use your school name as your team name, and if you have two teams, add something short to the end -- Smith MS - Blue, Smith MS - Green, or A / B or Ducks / Gophers... You can change through January.